Brattle Acts as Independent Auction Monitor for Southern Company Energy Auction
The Brattle Group has been selected as the Independent Auction Monitor (IAM) for the Southern Company Energy Auction. As part of its mitigation for prospective market power, Southern Company (Southern) has offered a must-offer, bid-based energy auction for day-ahead and hour-ahead Into Soco products for at least three years. The auction began on April 23, 2009. The Brattle Group's role is to:
1. Verify Southern's available capacity offered in the auctions, including inputs into those calculations
2. Confirm that any transmission service necessary to accommodate a purchase under the auctions is not unreasonably withheld
3. Verify that internal data control restrictions are maintained to protect bidder information
4. Report complaints to the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission (FERC)
5. Independently file reports with the FERC regarding the auction
For more information on the auction, please visit the Southern Company website (www.southerncompany.com) or contact Romkaew Broehm at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Any interested party may submit a complaint to IAM regarding Southern Companies’ Energy Auction at the following:
Southern Companies Energy Auction Monitor
c/o Dr. Romkaew P. Broehm
The Brattle Group, Inc.
44 Brattle Street
Cambridge, MA 02138