Who’s Who Legal recognized twelve Brattle economists as leading experts in the fields of economic, forensic and litigation consulting, and transactional services. The publication conducted independent research, which relied on input from clients and peers, to compile the final listing of experts. Brattle economists on the prestigious list include:
Economic Consulting - Competition Economists
- Andrew Abere has extensive experience in antitrust and competition cases, including matters involving mergers and acquisitions, price-fixing and collusion, price discrimination, and monopolization and vertical restraints.
- Michael Cragg is Chairman of The Brattle Group. He has extensive consulting, research, and expert witness experience in antitrust, financial services, and valuation matters. He has testified in state and federal courts as well as in regulatory proceedings nationwide with a focus on leading teams in complex litigation.
- Daniel McFadden is the recipient of the 2000 Nobel Prize in Economics and the Presidential Professor of Health Economics at the University of Southern California.
- Robert Reynolds is widely known for his empirical and theoretical analyses of antitrust, regulatory, and financial issues. He has more than 25 years of experience in academia, government, and consulting, and has provided expert testimony on a number of occasions.
- Paul Carpenter is an expert in energy economics, regulation, antitrust, valuation, and damages associated with breach of contract, bankruptcy, and commercial disputes.
- Darrell Chodorow provides expert testimony and advice on damages in breach of contract, intellectual property, antitrust, and other matters. He has worked on cases before U.S. state and federal courts, the U.S. Court of Claims, and the Federal Court of Australia, as well as arbitration tribunals including the AAA, ICSID, ICC, SCC, LCIA, and the Permanent Court of Arbitration.
- Florin Dorobantu specializes in valuation and structured finance issues with a focus on international arbitration. He has prepared testimony on the quantum of damages in cases before ICSID, the ICC, and the Permanent Court of Arbitration.
- José Antonio García has provided expert testimony before Spanish and international courts and is currently preparing expert testimony in several ICSID and UNCITRAL cases. He has estimated damages arising from alleged anticompetitive behavior and breach of contract.
- Carlos Lapuerta is an expert in economic analysis and financial valuation, which he frequently applies to estimate damages as an expert witness in international arbitration proceedings, including many disputes between investors and sovereign states over the alleged breach of bilateral investment treaties.
- M. Alexis Maniatis is the President and Chief Executive Officer of The Brattle Group. Mr. Maniatis has more than twenty years of experience providing consulting and expert witness testimony and advising clients on valuation and damages issues in expropriations, contract disputes, competition-related litigation, asset and merger transactions, and regulatory proceedings.
- Daniel McFadden is a world renowned expert in micro-econometrics and its application to issues involving damages and class certification.
- Stewart Myers has appeared as an expert witness in major cases and regulatory proceedings, testifying on the cost of capital, measurement of profitability and value, the economic foundations and design of rate of return regulation, intellectual property, the determination of damages, and tax issues.
- Richard Caldwell has extensive experience in economic and financial analysis and valuation across a broad range of industries, from electric power and natural gas to banking and credit cards. He regularly provides advice on litigation matters, and has supported expert witnesses and assisted attorneys on all phases of case management and strategy.
To review the complete list of top consulting experts, visit the Who’s Who Legal: Consulting Experts guide.